Thursday, February 11, 2010

Shop 'til ya drop


Since I am still hemmed in by poor weather, I have used the time to shop for deals, among other things. If you are to stay on budget you must be aggressive in looking for deals, even if it is something you won’t need for awhile.

My latest conquest, of which I am immensely proud, was a very nice Kohler toilet I found in the clearance section at Home Depot. This is a brand new $200 toilet I got for $14. For those of us who are math challenged (I’m including myself), that is a 93% discount. There were 4 and I bought 2. I’m kicking myself that I didn’t get all of them. I also purchased some Simpson Strong-Tie HTT22 Hurricane Grade Tensioners. These retail for $16, and I got them for $6 off ebay. Now please don’t say there aren’t deals to be found. It just takes looking.

At the very minimum, I’ll share a simple trick that I have discovered. Many of you may find yourself shopping in Lowe’s quite often. If that is the case, I can save you 10% off every single purchase from now on. Email me if you’d like to know how!

No comments:

Post a Comment